1. Telephone the Passport Advice line on 0300 222 0000 and ask to make an appointment for a Premier or Fast Track urgent passport application at your nearest Passport Office. Alternatively you can book an appointment online here
2. You will receive a text or email confirming your appointment
3. Go to your local Post Office and ask them for a PASSPORT APPLICATION FORM
4. While you are at the Post Office use their Photo Booth and get your Passport Photographs taken
5. Complete the form following the instructions and if necessary get your application form and 1 of your photos signed by someone else to prove your identity if either:
- you can’t be recognised from the photo in your existing passport
- you’re replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport
6. Take the form, your photographs and your payment to the appointment at the Passport Office. Arrive around 10 minutes in advance of the appointment.
Her Majesty’s Passport Office (previously called the Identity and Passport Service) has offices in:
You can apply for, renew or update your passport and pay for it online. You’ll have to print out a form at the end.
The website asks you a number of questions to ensure you are eligible to use the online service.
You must sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
You’ll need a debit or credit card to use this service.
It should take 6 weeks to get your first adult passport once your form has been received. For all other application types, it should take 3 weeks.
It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
You should use a different service if you need your passport urgently.
Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport – doing so is at your own risk.
SOURCE: GOV.UK https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/1/ https://www.gov.uk/find-regional-passport-office
DO YOU NEED AN URGENT PASSPORT ? – CALL 0300 222 0000 – DO NOT USE A THIRD PARTY – GO DIRECT TO HMPO.
If you’ve already applied for a passport you may be able to upgrade an existing passport application in exceptional circumstances – call the Passport Adviceline to find out.
0300 222 0000.
You don’t need to book an appointment online. You do not need to use any third party services. JUST CALL THE PASSPORT OFFICE 0300 222 0000
If your application was made over 3 weeks ago you may be able to speed the application up for free. If not you may be able to change to a FAST TRACK service.
You may also be able to upgrade your application to use the premium services if you have already applied to renew your passport by post or through the Post Office Check & Send service.
Track your passport application
If you applied online and uploaded a digital photo
If you used the new online passport application service you can track your application immediately.
You used the new service if:
- you uploaded a digital photo of yourself
- your application reference begins with PEX
If you applied online and posted your form
Log back in to the existing passport application service to track your application. You can track your application as soon as it has been made.
Use the username and the password you were given when you first saved your application. You can reset your password if you’ve forgotten it.
If you filled in a paper form
Use the passport application tracker if you applied for your passport:
- by filling in a paper form
- at the Post Office using Check and Send
You must wait 3 weeks after you apply before you can track your application.
You need to give your name, address, email and either the:
- 10-digit barcode number from your application form
- 9-digit number on your receipt if you applied at the Post Office
You’ll get an email telling you the status of your application.
Get a passport urgently
0300 222 0000
Always use the official Government Website – GOV.UK – Click to visit NOW
Please be wary of third party and copycat websites and ONLY use the OFFICIAL GOV.UK website.
Check out some of the third party websites we have come across here
Continue reading Urgent UK Passport
You may be able to get a refund for the Premium or Fast Track service fee (but not the standard passport fee) if your application isn’t processed within the specified time.
You can’t claim a refund if the delay is due to:
- a mistake or missing information on your form
- Her Majesty’s Passport Office needing more time to consider a complex application
- circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Her Majesty’s Passport Office
Continue reading Refunds if your UK Passport Application isn’t processed in time