You may be able to get a refund for the Premium or Fast Track service fee (but not the standard passport fee) if your application isn’t processed within the specified time.
You can’t claim a refund if the delay is due to:
- a mistake or missing information on your form
- Her Majesty’s Passport Office needing more time to consider a complex application
- circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Her Majesty’s Passport Office
You may also be able to get a refund if:
- you’re travelling abroad for medical treatment
- you have to travel urgently because of the death or serious illness of a family member, friend or business associate
- you’re seriously ill, or you’re a carer for a seriously ill person, and your travel has been arranged by a charity or religious organisation
You must pay the full fee and then claim a refund for the Premium or Fast Track service fee.